This evening I decided to try and get some bee shots. I took some pictures of bees a couple of weeks ago and – while not too bad – I wasn’t overly happy with them. So, to try again…
Initially I was shooting at the back of the house and I figured sunlight would be sufficient, but on reviewing the shots I felt they were blurred and figured I could do better. One problem with bees is they move – quite fast – and, well, I’m a bit nervous of getting too close and pissing them off.
Solution: well, I don’t have a macro that can get very close, so I’ve had to settle for some cropping of images and to deal with the speed of them I used my flash. For the first few shots I was shooting with an aperture of f/8 – they were a bit of a mess because of all of the foliage. I changed to f/4 and they were much improved.
And here they are: